View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 12:27 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Post Concussion Syndrome with MAJOR Vision Problems

Hello,

I am new to this forum and was wondering if anyone has been experiencing anything like what I am going to describe?

I hit my head during a baseball game in May (I hit the back of my head in the occipital region). I played throughout the Summer and was diagnosed with Post Concussion Syndrome in September. My symptoms were not horrible through the summer but once September hit they got really bad. I really noticed this after having a panic attack while driving to meet my family somewhere. I have seen over 18 doctors and therapists for this and still have no end in sight it seems. I experience headaches, sensitivity to light, really bad anxiety, and horrible vision. The doctor that I am currently seeing has me taking Depakote for my headaches which actually seems to be helping. He has me doing yoga for my anxiety, which unfortunately, is not helping. To deal with the sensitivity to light, I wear sunglasses whenever I go outside during the day. That seems to help. My vision, however, is my biggest problem. I feel so out of it with my vision, like I am just in a fog or out of body. I haven't seen right for the last four months. I am currently seeing a behavioral optometrist and am in my 5th week of vision therapy now. Last week I thought my vision may have been getting better and really had some hope. However, today I have had a horrible day with my vision and it seems like its back to how it was months ago. I am hoping this is just a one day thing. I have 3 weeks left of Vision therapy to go until they do an evaluation to see if I'll need more therapy. Tv and reading really seems to make my eyes worse. I can only watch tv or use the computer for a short amount of time.
I can't drive, do any physical activity (my doctor has me walking 0.5 miles a day and yoga every other day but I can't do anything else), and I was out of school last semester and will be out again this semester.

If anyone has experienced anything like this and can give me some advice I'd really appreciate it. At the rate I am going, I feel like I am never going to heal.
Johnhogan1010 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote