View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 08:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

WHY ON EARTH were you told originally there was a 2 WEEK recovery period??? I did think that was a bit odd when I first read that, but what do *I* know? LOL

Good grief, it sounds awful --- but it does sound much like what I had done. They did NOT tell me that I was at risk of paralysis, or bleeding, etc.
That makes me mad. But I imagine just opening up the spine puts you at risk for that.

Try not to stress out too much -- they've done surgeries like this VERY often and they know what they're doing. If they didn't, they surely wouldn't attempt YOUR surgery. They would have sent you to a larger hospital. Doctors might be arrogant, but they know their limitations and do NOT want to be hit with a malpractice suit. So trust your surgeon -- you'll be in good hands.

I'll keep you in my prayers and also your SURGEON! And I'll be in the OR with you. I'll put it on my calendar so I don't forget. God bless & please take care. Hugs, Lee
recovering alcoholic, sober since 7-29-93;severe depression; 2 open spinal surgeries; severe sciatica since 1986; epidurals; trigger points; myelograms; Rhizotomy; Racz procedure; spinal cord stimulator implant (and later removal); morphine pump trial (didn't work);now inoperable; lumpectomy; radiation; breast cancer survivor; heart attack; fibromyalgia; on disability.

Often the test of courage is not to die, but to live..
.................................................. ...............Orestes
Leesa is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote