View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:35 AM
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member
Senior Member (**Dr Smith is named after a character from Lost in Space, not a medical doctor)

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justsad View Post
Once again, Dr. Smith, thank you. Wikipedia is in blackout tonight for political reasons, but I will check it out tomorrow. My neurologist has assured me that PT options have been exhausted, which I guess means I must get used to the current situation.
Did your neurologist happen to say WHY PT options have been exhausted? Sometimes it's because insurance companies will only pay for one course, and if we happen to get a bad therapist, we're stuck with paying for any more out-of-pocket. OTOH, he may have known it wouldn't work, but insurance companies have also been known to require trying PT first before they'll pay for any treatments beyond that, despite what our doctors think. Insurance companies love to play doctor....

If you're an American citizen, I urge everyone to pursue the Wikipedia Blackout and follow-up with your congressperson.

Doc

Dr. Smith is NOT a medical doctor. He was a character from LOST IN SPACE.
All opinions expressed are my own. For medical advice/opinion, consult your doctor.
Dr. Smith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote