View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 10:38 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by themaidquit View Post
Klaus-I should have read this post first. It was much clearer, and made more sense. You are right about work=my coworkers know when it's a hard day for me, I can't finish sentences or thoughts. I think that is where the doubting on my part comes from; it's frustrating for me and I am not sure they believe this is really happening to me.I teach kindergarten and they are very needed and sometimes just thinking about what I am doing during the day makes the symptoms more pronounced.
Once again, thank you. I'm sorry for the post on the other thread seemed defensive.
Ha yeah sorry I should be more concise generally, especially on here. Of course I was not criticising you, sorry if it came across that way. You just sound a hell of a lot like I did at the beginning of my recovery and I was trying to express something I wish someone had got me to understand at that stage.

You have suffered a serious injury, which is no less serious because hardly anyone, health professionals included, seem to understand it. You may get better soon but you may well be in this for the long haul, so make the necessary changes to your lifestyle, particularly giving yourself enough rest (including cognitive rest) and getting onto a serious nutrition regimen now.

It took me months to get my head round that sort of advice and I'm trying to give you a headstart on me, because the sorts of things you are saying really remind me of the sorts of things I used to say.

Good luck!

Since recovery I have achieved a Master's degree with distinction in Neurological Occupational Therapy

Last edited by Klaus; 01-18-2012 at 11:09 AM. Reason: conciseness!
Klaus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
themaidquit (01-18-2012)