View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

I feel tired at the end of PT, but as soon as I get out of the warm water and the cool air (compared to the pool) hits me, I cool off fairly quickly. I usually go sit in one of the changing rooms with my wet suit and t-shirt on me for a few minutes cooling off in the soggy t-shirt before I try changing back into street clothes.

I'm feeling an ache in my arms and shoulders and chest today from yesterday's PT. It was "work on upper body strength day". Upper body isnt thrilled with me right now. (pulled muscles!)

I just canceled tomorrow's appointment for PT because I was sick this morning. Since I'm not sure if it was food poisoning, viral or if it was a result of doing so much activity yesterday, the PT and then doing a ton of walking after getting that AFO. I'm feeling fine right now. Tired, but not feeling sick like I did this morning. But, just in case it was viral I dont want to take it back up to the PT pool with me. So I'm taking a break tomorrow.

Kind of think I did too much. I've been sitting on my butt for two months, and yesterday I did a lot of walking compared to what I've been doing. I may have just over done it and my body didnt like me much for it. (my dad has a little theory that my blood pressure was a little high or something this morning. (my BP has been a little high lately. Thinking it's had something to do with the edema I've had since the oral prednisone)

They gave me "homework" exercises to do, so I think I'll do those tomorrow around the time I'd be at PT. I bought wrist/ankle weights (only 1 pound each) think I'll wear those on my wrists later today and see what kind of fun I can have with the resistance rubber bands tomorrow.

I did ask more questions about the pool yesterday. They told me the pool floor can go down to a depth of 5 or 6 feet, and all the way flush with the floor that's around the pool. It's the only pool in town that can do this, and they said it's the only one between Chicago and the West Coast like this. I told them that if I ever win a Powerball jackpot, I'm going to build one of these pools and then build a house around it. I really love that pool!

They have waterproof remote controls for using some timers hanging on the walls, and they have water resistant laptop computers for some other stuff. (still not sure what the little laptops do)

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote