View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 08:32 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Dealing with polyneuropathy

I would like to hear from anyone who has gone through a polyneuropathy. I was wondering if you were experiencing the same types of things that I am. I also wondered how you emotionally dealt with the shock of trying to go about life with that constant burning and dysfunction. Do parts of your body just go numb at times, muscles burn out and organs temporarily blink on and off? I guess it is different for everyone, but it would be encouraging to hear from someone who had gone through this and recovered. There have been some days that I really thought I was a goner because I kept dehydrating so much and couldn't get out of bed. Some of my muscles don't look so hot anymore. The worst part was that my doctor said "it's anxiety" All neuro testing requires a physician referral. It's hard to deal with that--the constant burning and mental shock of it, plus some idiot who tells you that it's all in your head. How on earth do you find a good doctor who won't just write you off when they can't see it?
Lily is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote