View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 03:48 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Since the policy change in July, I don't believe you can go to Federal Court and start a new application--you must choose one or the other. Ask your attorney if he will even be willing to represent you in Federal Court... here's the link to the change http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/rulings/d...-01-di-01.html

I know you don't want to hear this, but SSD is supposed to be meant for those who have no option to work. Regardless if you end up homeless--your disability will not allow you to work at the SGA level. Even if your doc has written out work restrictions that makes it impossible for you to work at a job you've done in the past, SS will still determine if you're capable of doing other work--that's why an RFC is so important. If you don't document you can't do something, SS will assume you can.

I've described it as seeming like a nasty game of chicken. People do end up on the streets, or move in with extended family, etc.

Having your doctors support is required to get approval, but in no way do they make the final determination. Most docs are clueless about the process. Read through the "Before You Start Your Application Sticky." My posts 43, 45, 46 have links in them I think you might find helpful.

Last edited by LIT LOVE; 01-18-2012 at 03:53 PM. Reason: Link
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Biggerbetter (01-22-2012), Dmom3005 (01-22-2012)