Thread: right hurting
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:25 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmr19 View Post
So I have not been able to use left arm much and found out that I have two labrum tears with cysts and a torn bicep tendon. Surgery scheduled next week. Now my right side is acting up. Started the other day with spasms in neck, collarbone area. My forearm and wrist have been in pain and a lot of tingling. I just started to get dizziness again, which is the worst and a whoosing in ear. ATOS on both sides, but the right was doing much better after therapy. Has anyone else experienced dizziness with TOS? I can handle pain pretty well, but this dizziness I hate.
Yes, dizziness was my biggest complaint at one point. Between muscle relaxants and PT+OMT, my condition improved a lot and the dizziness subsided. Like you, I hated the dizziness more than the pain, so I feel you!

The muscle relaxant I take is diazepam/valium, originally 2.5mg every 12 hours, now 2mg every 12 hours.

I also pay close attention to my posture as well as letting go of muscular tension that I tend to build up in response to stress.

When I had dizziness, I could get relief by propping up my shoulder girdles with pillows or books in order to take pressure off the subclavian blood vessels. I would sit there and relax and my symptoms would subside. I would also feel warm blood flow through my arm.

I'm unilateral with most of my TOS symptoms on my left side, which for awhile had a depressed shoulder girdle.

HTH. Good luck.
chroma is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote