View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 08:37 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Ginnie,

Most of the information that is written by conventional dentists will advocate root canal therapy and for a very good reason.......it is the most profitable dental procedure performed in the US!! When you think that one single tooth can be root canaled and then re treated 2-3+ times......that's a lot of $$$$ in the dentists pocket! The excuses people are given for the "failed root canal" are.... "it was not done right"... or "it was incomplete".... or "the tooth became reinfected".... or "we have "special" instruments and drills to clean the tooth out better". ALL of these reasons are bull***t... but since people are not given enough information about the procedure to begin with, how are they to know to question those reasons? Frequently the patient is scared or convinced into the first root canal and then the re treatments because they don't want to lose their tooth.... but if they were informed that they were "retaining" a chronically infected tooth that could infect the rest of their mouth and risk their overall health, the idea of keeping it might not seem so appealing.

Ginnie, just on this forum alone....MOST of the questions and MOST of the problems that people are talking about.... are root canal related.

I will post a separate thread about what a root canal procedure is and the reasons it is risky to keep an infected tooth in our mouth. I will locate and post some sites that offer similar information.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginnie View Post
I copied off the stuff about partials to bring with me to the dentist. I also read some of the articles to the right of the pictures. Articles that really did not discourage RC. I think if Nan read those she still would think the proceedure was just fine. ginnie
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote