View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EsthersDoll View Post
You're not a hypochondriac. (Is that the word you were looking for?)

What you are experiencing is real and like Mark said, it's just going to take you taking it easy in order for you to heal better and faster. Don't have a busy day for a long while. Slow down. I know it's difficult - trust me I know! But doing so will help you to get to having better days for longer periods of time.

I was also very disappointed when I learned that Dr.'s don't have any real treatments to help a person recover from a brain injury. But that's really what it boils down to. They are almost at a complete loss. And every brain injury is unique which makes it even more difficult to treat.

Mark In Idaho -

You're very correct in that I feel as if I have experienced a DAI because the impairments I've been dealing with have effected many areas of my brain and functioning. I don't know if the iicp is the sole reason aside from the concussion or if it just compounded the same effects of the concussion.

I didn't remember knowing what chemo brain is upon reading it here, if I've ever even heard of it before, but I just read about it and it's very similar to what I seem to be experiencing, except I might be experiencing something even more intense or drastic, I don't know enough to compare it. The good news is that I was much worse before now and I still intend to improve.

Thanks again!
that's the word-hypochondriac. Thanks. that's the hardest part. I try to talk to the children's parents- and words just don't come out.
themaidquit is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote