View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 09:46 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

tmq,

Could you possibly ask your principle if you could have reduced duties? Maybe a sub could take your class and you could spend the days doing a pull-out with the kids. The slower pace of one on one or even two or three on one will do wonders for your recovery. The kids will also benefit greatly.

You could try every other day, say Tuesdays and Thursdays. The 'day off' would allow you to recover from the individual full class days. Are there any student teachers who need some class time but are able to handle a whole class alone?

You will be amazed at how well the students will respond to you. You can even explain how sometimes you brain gets stuck. They will understand. PCS is a fabulous way to start to understand the young mind as it sometimes gets overwhelmed.

Think of this scenario. You see a child having a fit. Is he having a temper tantrum or is he just overwhelmed and displaying his frustration with being overwhelmed and maybe even scared?

I have work with little ones and been able to tell when they are just outright scared and overwhelmed.

If you can arrange to do this, it will be a fabulous learning experience.

My best to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
themaidquit (01-18-2012)