View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 11:04 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default A good news day!

Halleluiah!!! Found a really good therapist - we think. We met her Monday night. She can meet with us in the late evening so not to interfere with the kids schedule nor hubbys works schedule. She immediately started to address issues with us. She brought up the “Stages of grief”. Which I have explored (thanks to dr.smith) but hubby has never even considered, and she even worded it in a manner that he could completely relate to and found appealing to explore and work on. I realized from the way she put it that this has been a major problem all along - he has ignored his grief at the loss of my former self. It was a real eye opener. She also immediately picked up on and noted that he needed to work on his emotional work and that I need to give him more of a break. So I am really pleased with the situation. We asked her to give us exercises to work on and she did. So maybe things will start to change.

I would appreciate anyone’s input about “stages of grief”. I did google it dr.smith, but got overwhelmed with the amount of sites. Do you recommend a certain site or anyone recommend a particular book? I would really appreciate a good book on the topic.

Thanks all
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Susanne C. (01-19-2012)