View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:15 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Annie, thanks for the links. I'd love to read the entire article in the first link.

I didn't know raspberry leaves blocked AChE. This may explain the effects it is having. The effect is definitely very mild and not comparible to Mestinon, it does not give any immediate strength, and is not replace for Mestinon either. I don't want to mislead anyone.

I do agree we should always talk to our doctor before trying something new, especially alternative treatments such as herbs.

I consider Raspberry leaf tea to be a nutritional supplement and that was the reason I decided to try this. I've been experiencing good effects from green leafy foods and wanted something that stored well since I can't go to the store often enough to keep a fresh supply of greens. Raspberry leaves are working for me as a green foods substitute. Also, I am familiar with Raspberry leaves and have used them before, just not regularly.

You are right about getting used to a lowered amount of strength, I am definitely doing that, getting used to being weak. It does make it hard to know when things are helping. I do know that I was able to jump recently. It isn't too often I can get both feet off the ground. I felt like celebrating.

Thanks for the encouragement about the disability...I am not even going to think about it right now, the subject makes me depressed. Plants make me happy though.

Abby, you are right about Huperzine. I don't want to experiment with Huperzine, it has too much risk of toxicity, not something I am interested in right now. Maybe I would if Mestinon weren't available, but definitely the two don't go together. I'm disapointing anyone would recommend it as if it were a nutritious herb.

Thanks for the response.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote