View Single Post
Old 03-29-2007, 09:20 PM
In Memorium

15 yr Member
In Memorium

15 yr Member
Default Testing

Hi Lily,

Sorry you are feeling so bad.... agree wtih Silverlady - you need to have some testing done to find out whats going on - it sounds like you have an HMO that is restricting you from seeing a neurolgoist at all? Or, have you seen a neurologist who refuses to do anything? You need to be your advocate - the quicker you can possibly find the casue - the better your chance of beating whatever this is.....

If you have an HMO - can you change primary care physicians - to one who will refer you corrently for diganosis? When I first got sick I had an HMO - they said since I had numbness and tinging - it was anxiety... I fought and fought them - and months later after having to leave my job finally made an offical appeal to the HMO to send me to a neurogist - who immediately found nerve damage and started doing testing.... the time I lost could have made a difference in my condition now - I dont know....

Please try to fight for yoruself - there are many causes for neruopathy - and a good neruologist would be the type of doc to start with... (check out the stickies for types, etc... also spreadsheets at www.lizajane.org which are a tremendous help - both for you to keep your medical records and help your docs order the tests you need!

Take care
BEGLET is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote