View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 02:01 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for all the useful commentary and encouragement. Sometimes I forget how great this place is!

I got results back from a renal sonogram and they were normal. I did the urodynamic testing a year ago with a different practice and it was the most traumatic/stressful procedure I have ever had. The woman was running behind so she rushed with me, she was not friendly, jammed the catheter in (which I had never had before) and filled me up with water and then said PEE! While leaving the blinds wide open. I was so stressed out I just couldn't release. Thus, all they could tell me was that my pelvic floor was very tight (basically clenched up). DUH!

I did bio feedback which was very interesting--learning how to squeeze the pelvic floor and release over and over. But the urologist said that doesn't help with anything if the true problem is the spincter (which definitely means neurogenic). Anyhow I know what you mean about sitting on the toilet and trying to relax enough to urinate. I feel like I should be zen meditating on the toilet!

Anyhow the plan is watch and wait, try not to get worked up over it and go back in 3 months for a follow up. I also had kidney stones a few years ago and of course there were the endless UTIs on Tysabri until I switched to every 8 weeks. And a personal question for the ladies: are you finding this killing your sex life because you are paranoid you will get a UTI after intercourse so you have no sex urge?

Cheers and thanks!
"Thanks for this!" says:
GladysD (05-25-2013), SallyC (01-19-2012)