View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 07:11 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Frown

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIT LOVE View Post
I realize that--that's why I gave the link and didn't give a definitive no--I discussed this topic at length with someone at another board a couple of months ago, and I thought it applied to Federal Court as well.

Many attorneys have no interest in dealing with a Federal Court case--but they can request additional fees, so the 1st thing she needs to find out is if her attorney will represent her.
My lawyer is saying 100% to go forward with Federal. He still strongly believes that there was legal error. LitLove, I understand what you are saying about SSA being for people who can't work but there are people who are capable of working a minimal amount yet that does not mean they are capable of consistent, full time work, thus SSA provides a figure which they consider SGA. Many people on SSDI, I believe probably could work a day here or there but it is the consistency of full time employment that is impossible for them. I do have the RFC form from my neurologist that supports my claim and I believe I meet one of their listings. I guess it's one of those things that has variables and it certainly isn't either black or white because each case has difference circumstances, evidence, etc...

I probably would be better off to just start over but at this point I'm finding it difficult to just walk away when I believe in my case. They make their stupid laws for a reasons and they should have to follow them just as much as you and I are expected to. See what I mean? So at this point I am faced with the decision of either pushing forward and going Federal, knowing there is a very good chance that I will be shutdown yet again, or wiping the slate clean and starting a new application. Either way, I find it all exhausting and draining
puppy66 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-22-2012)