View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 10:53 AM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default ...and furthermore...

Are we really accomplishing what we claim we want by trying to eliminate this effect. After all, it will eventually have to be out in the real world where ocebos of all sorts run wild. And remember that PWP exhibit this effect at twice the going rate, Maybe we should do something rational like maxxing out this mysterious force that is us by looking at things like shamanism and hypnosis.
Rick

PS When I was little I had warts on my hands. My Granny was, for want of a better word, a shaman, having been born into a remnant culture in 1904. She made a big fuss and a little bit of ritual. She was dealing with a five year old and was having fun, but her patient saw her as she was - a great power that could shake the universe (or at least my little corner). Two days later those warts were gone and never returned. If we had someone or something that did away with PD, would any of us quibble about how silly it was? Don't tamper with another man's belief without damn good reason. It is not clever but rather cruel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
john,
me thinks you worry too much. pd'ers sincerely describing alt treatments here i would assume must know they are going to get some discussion and if the benefit was mostly due to placebo, the poster would get feedback from other sources besides this board, in other words, the placebo affect can't last forever and i've never seen any confirmation of a long lasting placebo affect in pd which is not a mental disease.

basically, for a new poster that has not established themselves and i have no idea f they are just marketing something, i'm going to give an hones opinion.
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
anon72219 (01-20-2012), Jaye (01-20-2012), Perryc (01-19-2012)