View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 12:54 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppyraiser8 View Post
Thanks everyone! At least I'm not the only one who had issues with it. I have tried just about everything in the last 15 years. I can still move around my house as needed, but not as much as I would like. I had a TENS for a while....a very long time ago. I see the doctor tomorrow for a LSB so I am hoping that we can talk about things then. I guess part of it is I am just not sure how long is "long enough" to try to push through. I know it's only been a little over 2 weeks. I can push through the pain while I am there if I have to, but when I get home...it's horrible. Thanks though!
If you are totally unable to function when you get home then they are having you do too much. Probably need to start smaller. I find that when I do the exercises on my own and spread them out throughout the day that it helps a lot. I made myself a little checklist in the beginning and after I did the exercise I would check it off. Then rest a few hours, then do another one. I think I read somewhere that you need to balance the physical activity with rest...sort of like your heart which beats for half a second then rests a half a second. Doing the full on hour at physical therapy is just brutal...especially if what they are having you do is more advanced than what you should be starting with. As you the basic exercises become easier and less challenging THAT is when you start adding in things and making them more difficult...but not before that. If the basic stuff is still very challenging then you just keep working on that until you master it. Sometimes it is things as simple as being able to do a 10 heel raises instead of the 5 you started with...and just celebrate those little wins. But obviously you can't do any of that until they get your pain better managed to begin with.

Good luck...hope things go well with the doctor today!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote