View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:17 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Those that work PT consistently even below the SGA level, find that SS will at times terminate their benefits even after collecting for many years.

I know what SS "rules" state, and I've invested a great amount of energy into trying to provide information and links to resources for those that are in the worst circumstances. I don't think it's a particularly humane way of testing people if they're disabled by allowing those without resources, to go homeless. But it is reality.

Many people are borderline qualifying cases. Yes, some qualify. Some take a protracted battle to qualify. Some don't ever qualify.

Your original posts stated you didn't care about the backpay, you just wanted to secure your benefits for the future since you found you can't continue to work even PT. If your healthy has decreased so that you're no longer capable of working at or near the SGA level, then your case appears less borderline.

If you want to pursue your rights in Federal Court, and your attorney is willing, then that's your choice. I just encourage you to examine what your motivation for doing so is and what the possible reward is.

For me, it was much easier to deal with the process after I parted ways with my attorney and began researching my own legal questions. I found I was no longer confused or upset. I was able to provide the legal and medical answers needed, instead of focusing on things that I thought were important.
LIT LOVE is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
puppy66 (01-20-2012)