View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 03:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by soccertese View Post
rick,
billions of people still subscribe to shamins, folk medicine, prayer, spiritual healers, etc. as we all did before western medicine came to be. if there is proof that any of this helps pd, who's hiding it? .
I am living on pills, for which I thank God. Pure pharma. Pure western medicine, double-blind tested and such like. I also do a lot of music, dance, or some sort of quasi-spiritual thing, and going to the edge of some things. I find no contradiction.
The disease is not going away. It is going to kill me as soon as it can.
But in the meantime, I;ll take my placebos wherever I can find them. All sorts of things - from music to yoga to pedalling or breathing or writing a free book on the internet; bring on the levodopa and the seligilene- and I still LOVE my Mirapex, mix with deep Mississippi Blues or Play4change or the Inuit Wedding Song; add in some ad-lib street theater, and that's my way of reducing the pain and maintaining better functionality and being in better spirits to make it more worth living. And then it will kill me. There ain't no cure, no pill, no herb, no pharmaceutical that will get me out of this,
The pharma pills and the dancing and spiritual stuff and whatever else turns you on does not cure the disease and probably you don't live longer; but the whole kit and kaboddle is to be able to celebrate life and love even if our cruise ship capsizes.
PD pharma and PD shamans make a good combination to help me live with PD. And finding the Zone, where it is good to be alive, makes significant improvement, in functionality and spirit. It is powerful stuff, both the pharma brain drugs and the creative spasms and the new understandings of self and world, seen for the first time in the glare of PD.
but there ain,t no cure.
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
paula_w (01-19-2012)