View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 04:08 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default RSD and Physical Therapy

When I broke my arm in 2003 the first PT kept pushing on my arm and I screamed and screamed and she said, "You're getting yourself upset!" And she kept pushing. For me to scream and cry was very unusual ... I've been thru many falls, surgeries, etc etc. and never made a fuss. SO I called my sister who is also a PT and she said, that does it ... you're coming to me for PT and she immediately diagnosed that I had RSD ... I still screamed 4 times a week for months but at least she understood that my arm should not be pushed. If I didn't have a sister who knew about RSD ... I would never have gone back and my arm would have never been right again ... so I was really lucky with that ... problem is ... when you try to go from one health professional to another ... they start acting like you're a nut case ... and they all start giving the same answer. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I know what it is like when you are made to feel as if you aren't handle this pain right ... like it's your fault!
msjanice12 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote