View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 04:17 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default a petition...

I had intended to start a petition but frankly do not sense I will get much support on it; not sure if it is PD apathy or what. I think they figure no one will pay attention unless blessed by the PDF or the NPF. My stand is that it is pathetic none of the myriad "advocacy" groups even question why a sound treatment already used for ten years in real, living patients is being withheld from us. The fact that Abbott is having to jump through all the hoops is equally as questionable.

Just how is it that a viable alternative to DBS that is less invasive and that will help many pwp who cannot have DBS sit on the Fast Track for over three years? Abbott/Solvay applied for new drug status in 2000!!! Funny you mention ED, there is indeed a massaging "hand" that passed FDA inspection as a medical device in under six months time. It is designed to help men who are paralyzed. That's fine, but when they essentially rubber stamp it as approved based on fact it is like "several other devices already in use". Well, last time I checked the pump infusion system was no different here than the design used in Europe. I get that we're dealing with major organs and a scalpel while the other is essentially a gadget but the underlying principle. Apparently, we have Sinemet, so our quality of life has not changed one iota.

At the very least I encourage everyone who is asking these questions here to contact their Congressional and House reps with our concerns...if enough of us do this it may have some impact. Don't be shy...send a video of our reality whether popping pills all day or not being able to move. Maybe that would get us somewhere.

Laura
Conductor71 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote