View Single Post
Old 01-19-2012, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Jana

This makes lots of sense, thanks for sharing.

Blackberry leaves have similar, if not almost identical, properties as Raspberry leaves. They make a great nutritional tea as well, just not as much documentation. I'm happy to hear the berries make you feel better!

I've planted native Blackberry plants in my garden and hope to try some Blackberry leaf tea this year. It is too hot and dry here for Raspberries but the Blackberries are doing wonderfully.

If you decide to try some Blackberry leaf tea, I'd like to hear how you like it. If you do, remember these leaves need at least 30 minutes of brewing rather than the regular three minutes for other teas. The new Spring leaves have the best nutrition, although you can use any leaves.

All the Rubis (blackberries, raspberries and related) plants make a nutritional tea. Even strawberry leaves make a great tea.

When I'm at my worst, my nostril (and it does seem to be only one, usually my left side) does feel swollen and plugged inside, although without a runny nose or anything else to make me think it is plugged the normal way. I don't understand why. I do think it is MG related, but like you I try to just ignore it since I have bigger issues.

Acidity...I've always had trouble with eating too much acid type foods, it aggrivates my allergies, or it used to...since I started experimenting with foods, vitamins and herbal teas to help with MG, my allergies are almost completely gone. One of the things I've learned is to avoid eating too many acid foods, such as fruits and many candies, too, even sugar. These things aggrivate not only my allergies but MG, too. I don't plan to start eating a lot of acid foods again, makes me miserable. I wonder how much body pH can be related to MG. I wonder if I had stopped eating so much acidic foods if I might not have developed MG...well, that I'll never know, but at least I can try to listen to my body from now on.

I'm thrilled to hear that you and your sister find blackberries helpful. Very encouraging!

I'm drinking one quart of raspberry leaf tea, brewed for 4 hours, every day and haven't had to take Mestinon since I started this. I plan on doing this for a full month as long as I don't experience anything negative. I really think it is helping...although I don't feel it kick in like the Mestinon does, in fact I don't feel anything at all ,except good, from drinking raspberry leaf tea. I am starting to crave the tea, as if my body is realizing it is helping. I wonder if the tea is alkaline, I suspect it is since it is similar to green vegetables nutritionally...maybe that is part of why it helps.

I am really feeling great, I feel like dancing...I may go for a walk today...I rarely feel good enough to go for walks...oh, I'm excited to try...I love being outside! (I still feel the MG making my muscles weak...not saying that is gone....just that relatively I feel better)

Thanks for the response. *hugs*

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote