Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

I would get medical attention for this before any further infusions:

http://dermnetnz.org/treatments/immunoglobulin.html
Quote:
Skin reactions to IVIG are uncommon, and the exact incidence is unknown. Of all the reported rashes, a a blistering type of eczema is the most common (a type of dermatitis).2 It often begins at about 8 to 10 days after exposure to IVIG. The rash characteristically begins as a dyshidrotic eczema (pompholyx) i.e., small itchy blisters on the palms, but this may be followed by a more generalised eczematous eruption that spreads throughout the body. The affected individual may become erythrodermic (red all over) and pruritic (itchy).

The skin lesions often resolve within a period of 1 to 4 weeks. The use of topical steroids or systemic steroids controls symptoms and may speed recovery.

Other skin reactions include:

Urticaria
Maculopapular rash (typical drug eruption with flat and bumpy red spots resembling measles)
Lichenoid eruption (like lichen planus)
Diffuse hair loss
Cutaneous vasculitis
When an individual develops a skin reaction to IVIG, a second exposure may cause the rash to appear earlier (generally around 8-10 days after infusion) and become more extensive. This is because the immune system has developed memory T-cells and subsequent responses are faster and more severe. Switching the type of IVIG may cause a less severe reaction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bny806 View Post
I am feeling AMAZING one week after my first maintenence dose of IVIG.. I had forgotten how it feels to feel "normal"!! it has been so long, still not back to my old normal.. but hey Ill take this as a new normal!
Anyhow, I was curious if anyone else had side effects from IVIG like this - i have a rash on my palms and feet- like teeny tiny blisters they itch a little, but not a lot.. my neuro wanted me to see a dermatologist to see if it had anythign to do with all my wierd neuro symptoms, but 'im thinking a reagular dermatolgist won't know if this looks like an "ivig reaction" rash..

Also, anyone else get chest pain at the beginning of their infusions?? I noticed it both times- just a wierd chest pain for the first 15 or so minutes and then it gets milder as time goes on.. but my chest was kind of "sore" for about a day afterwards too- and then i just started feeling great.. soo just curious if i'm "normal" with these side effects! Hope yall are all doing well!

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
pingpongman (01-20-2012)