View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 07:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

There is evidence I think that people can affect MS through attitude, and that in relapsing-remitting forms of the condition a positive attitude can shorten episodes, and result in re-myelination. I have heard of this anecdotally only and can't cite any references. But MS is not PD.......

I have read that the placebo effect is stronger and more prevalent in the general population than it was thought, so maybe that is something that needs study itself. In terms of PD the effect may be less than is thought if this is true.

I am always wary of the thing about medication. I hate taking them, any of them, and even a headache pill surprises me when it works. It is also true that sometimes they simply do not work at all.... measuring these things is always going to be subjective. Sinemet I find is peculiar, as it does work, and pretty well, but there are things that work with equal measure. Being happily absorbed in doing something can send away PD symptoms, but once out of that zone, I return to my fluctuating PD self. I have seen a lot of people discuss this....

With PD hope is as important as placebo, and there is a long history of it working....... how do you separate them?
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Bob Dawson (01-20-2012), jeanb (01-20-2012)