View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did the same about 4 months ago. After seeing my new neuro he said I had to lose weight no ifs it had to be done and I knew it

I needed to stop the swelling in my knees and ankles along with very painful neuropathy 5-8/10 . I went cold turkey no carbs at all, if its white dont bite so I switched to veges, salads, fruit and red beans, the beans made a huge difference in reducing my food cravings also have a big sweet tooth and I knew no way could i give it all up without crash and burning so the sweets stay

I did have an advantage and that is Tramadol 200mg a day. Being an opiate (see link below) it suppresses food craving. Ever seen a fat drug addict ? the difference for P/N people is its a desirable side effect,

""tramadol 100 mg intramuscularly or intravenously was equivalent to 5–10 mg of morphine""
http://www.australianprescriber.com/magazine/27/2/26/7/

ALA is a wonder supplement and I have lots more energy.

Long story short. 6 months ago I would not consider approaching long stairs
especially on the way down. I had very weak legs that would buckle and it scared me.

Today I walked all around Bangkok in the stinking heat for 1 hour non stop
and back home and no pain what so ever. My feet are still very numb though
and Im getting tingling with some heat as I type this but more discomfort than pain.

A super clean diet and the right supplements HAS to make you feel better inside and out. All the best with it and dont beat your self up if you re lapse just accept it and start fresh again the next day
zorro1 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dr. Smith (01-20-2012), hopeful (01-20-2012)