Thread: Venting....
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:18 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Venting....

Hi All...

It's been awhile since my last posting, I've been busy advocating for myself!!

I am feeling like I have been backed into a corner, and I think my depression is trying to get the best of me...my headaches are once again becoming more frequent and the intensity is more on the painful end...I am more fatigued, more anxious and more irritable...

I had a fair run for a few weeks...it seems to me, just when I feel like I am healing, I get taken down a few pegs...this time, it was a few too many...

I still haven't completed the Neuropsych testing...although I spoke with my Atty. yesterday and was assured I would hear from the MD today (I'm not holding my breath)...it seems as though WC states they will cooperate only when threatened with a hearing...I'm ashamed that the Commissioner assigned to my case allows this to happen repeatedly...it's going on 2 months and several hearings now...since the Commissioner has ORDERED WC to put auth. in writing...they just don't give a hoot, I get it....

What they don't realize is that I have a life...I have a family, children and a spouse who love me and want me to heal...that I have a strong desire to return to the workforce...and not one stinking person is doing what they are supposed to do to help me. It's disgusting.

My Short Term Disability ran out and I had to apply for Long Term Disability. I figured it wouldn't be a big deal...just kinda flip over, same insurance company blah blah blah. Wrong. They have been dragging their feet and my claim has been "pending" for a month. WC won't offer financial compensation benefits to me until they receive the results from the Neuropsych testing...which is why I am sure they are dragging their feet with giving auth...the longer they can drag it out, then they don't have too pay...(but we are going for retro pay, so that theory is blown out the window lol)...

I'm trying to hold it together...I've gotten no treatment, am on no meds...nothing. My anxiety is insane, to the point where I become so hot my back sweats and my head screams...it does pass, but by the time it does, it leaves me completely exhausted....

If everyone involved in my case did their respective jobs, I wouldn't be feeling stuck...I'm hoping for a miracle right now...

Little things are starting to irritate me again...and there is nothing I can do about it except, walk away....isolation breeds depression...it's such a vicious cycle....

I appreciate being able to vent in this forum...I know I'm not alone, I just wish I had some help dealing with these symptoms....it's just getting to be overwhelming....again.
JulieRN is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote