View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 12:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default mixed up confusion

This is a huge issue for me. I have tried all manner of things - equal doses (levodopa, mirapex, selegilene), three times a day, four times a day; full dose in the morning and half-doses more often in the day, all 3 drugs at once, or at 3 different times; with food, with liquid, empty stomach; before physical exercise, or after..
I keep running around like a chicken with its head cut off, roller coaster with no tracks under it. Fluctuations they call it. Of course it could be said i was always like that - PD amuses itself by taking hold of what you are and playing with it - and there is the question of emotion and creative energy causing what is left of my brain to crank out some home-grown levodopa, possibly underdose and overdose caused by fluctuating self-made drugs.
I am still thrashing around experimenting with doses - but i try different tactics weekly, and some people tell me you have to stick with one program for 3 months for your body to take the hint that this is how it is going to be and so your body had better get with the agenda.
I would love to get this straightened out, because this particular roller coaster has some down hills that are like free-fall, pulling up at the last minute, and then being flattened by the G-forces of changing directions again.
All suggestions are appreciated, but will be taken with a grain of salt (with the Tequilla)
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Conductor71 (01-20-2012)