View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 01:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seahorse02 View Post
Hi all! I am new to the forum and would very much like to know if anyone has had similar MRI reports on their lower lumbar, and what their doctors/medical professionals advised them.
MRI reads:
Grade I degenerative subluxation at L4-5 with bulge, annular tear, prominent facet arthropathy. Mass effect on the right lateral recess nerve root w/crowding of the left. Stress injury of the pedicle & pars region of L5.

Next Tuesday I go to a pain clinic for a 2nd opinion on surgery. Any and all replies much appreciated!!
Welcome to the forum! I too, am new here as of yesterday. I find your accessment likened to that of a trained, certified doctor....as we experience these issues we become knowledgeable in our anatomy. Congrats.
I have suffered over 25 years with spinal issues and as recent as the last three years have dealt with this leak, but didn't know of such a diagnosis until this past month. I had did as the doctors had taught me and refer it to just ailments from spinal conditions.
So, I guess in an essence I have become an expert as far as my own body is concerned. I've learned to research, reach out to others and become accustom to daily chronic pain.
You see I was taught you are to work hard and you will have something to show for it! Oh, yes..tis true but the only thing besides 'possessions' that I have to show for it is a torn asunder spine...carpal tunnel, cubital tunnel and other issues. My poor body is so wretched.
I am currently dealing with misdiagnosis after misdiagnoisis to the point now I want to scream out from the torture of constant pain. If it was not for my "FAITH" in GOD, my hope would have diminished long ago.
So, the neuro appt I received this week from a doctor who was booked up for three months in advance was a GODSEND! So, I am assembling documentation research and the arm's length worth of sympoms to overwhelm him with. But it is needed in order to get satisfaction and closure of my treatment/diagnosis.
So, I bid you strength in your pain, hope in your trials.
vigipatrick is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
seahorse02 (01-20-2012)