View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 02:23 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcduane_ie View Post
Hi

Thanks for your response. i was assaulted at work 7 years ago. I was working on notice board and was hit from behind on right shoulder/shoulder blade. Since then I have had shoulder pain on and off which has been getting worse the past 3 years. however I was also having severe weakness in my arms which i put down to graves disease which i was diagnosed with a year after work incident. The past 3 years i have numerous neurological symptoms. The main ones that are bothering me are;
dizziness
spaced out feeling
blurred vision
eye pain
feel like I am drunk
severe arm weakness
dropping things
clumsiness
unable to do fine motor tasks e.g putting key in lock, doing up zips on clothes

A new doctor eventually picked up on cervical ribs due to loss of pulse on arm elevation. i have not started any physio yet due to conflicting opinions by doctor and consultant( consultant did not see any problem with pulse)

So kindof confused. I am wondering now if doppler results is saying that I have arterial thoracic outlet compression. I am also wondering about what could be causing dizziness and eye problems.

Thanks
Marcia
It all sounds horribly so familiar.
Dizziness and eyes probs seem to be an issue for me, especially when my neck muscles are in spasm and tender.......compressing on vessels?????
Restricted blood flow????? I tend to focus on my breathing " belly breathing" when I encounter dizzy spells etc.
I would definitely recommend that you push to be seen by a physiotherapist!
It was because of a physio that TOS was suspected in my experience. Just today I have returned from my first physio appointment since I had my op ( first rib excision- V/ATOS). Almost straight away he picked up on the fact that my Rhomboid muscle in my shoulderblade is a culprit for alot of my pain in my shoulders, back and arms. One second of gentle pressure on this muscle sent my arms loppy.
They know their stuff and triggerpoints throughout the body. Try to see one for advice, exercise/stretching tips etc.
Relax and keep strong!!!!!!!!
SD38 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote