View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 02:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnt View Post
Placebo effects have ethical consequences for this forum.

The larger the placebo effects are the more careful we need to be when posting information that conflicts with the belief that other people have in the efficacy of their actions.

John
John,
I think that PWP have to be individually strong enough to defend their placebos, because no matter what your placebo, there will be people who laugh at it or speak against it. And I think that lots of PWP have addictions or methods or tactics that are much more powerful than what we call placebo. I really do know people who could dance at a time when they could not walk, and that was neither pharma nor placebo.
So we do post information that conflicts with other people's beliefs in the efficacy of their actions.... we do that in every field in life... but a belief in a particular remedy or tactic against PD will withstand any doubters if you yourself clearly experience it as making life better for you.
But I do draw the line when someone says they know how to "cure Parkinson's". When the cure is found, this site will let you know, believe me.
There will be major fireworks. In the meantime, bring me as many placebos as you can find. I'll bring the Jack Daniels.

Last edited by Bob Dawson; 01-20-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: ambiguity
Bob Dawson is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote