View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 02:57 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD38 View Post
It all sounds horribly so familiar.
Dizziness and eyes probs seem to be an issue for me, especially when my neck muscles are in spasm and tender.......compressing on vessels?????
Restricted blood flow????? I tend to focus on my breathing " belly breathing" when I encounter dizzy spells etc.
I would definitely recommend that you push to be seen by a physiotherapist!
It was because of a physio that TOS was suspected in my experience. Just today I have returned from my first physio appointment since I had my op ( first rib excision- V/ATOS). Almost straight away he picked up on the fact that my Rhomboid muscle in my shoulderblade is a culprit for alot of my pain in my shoulders, back and arms. One second of gentle pressure on this muscle sent my arms loppy.
They know their stuff and triggerpoints throughout the body. Try to see one for advice, exercise/stretching tips etc.
Relax and keep strong!!!!!!!!
Thanks so much for your reply. Did your doctor recommend the operation or was it following unsuccessful relief from symptoms using conservative methods first. My doctor feels that physio will not help as the cervical ribs arent going anywhere. how was your arterial thoracic outlet syndrome diagnosed. Did you have angiogram or doppler ultrasound.

i live in ireland and I get the sense that there have not been many thoracic operations over here and hence the reluctance to even consider this. However i dont feel that they are taking my symptoms seriously and they keep telling me dizziness has nothing to do woth TOS which is contary to what I am reading on web.

Thanks
mcduane_ie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote