View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 04:07 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by seacoasthalo View Post
Mestinon questions: " How much was he taking? Did he try a much lower dose?"

He start on 60mg, three times a day then lowered to only twice a day. After this is when he was taken off. What is the "norm" dosage?
Hello.

I wanted to let you know that I started out on 60 mg two times a day and it was way too much, made me twitch all over and made my muscles so tight I had difficulty bending my body to sit down. It was scary. I am one of those people who only needs a very small amount of Mestinon, the most I can tolerate it one 60 mg pill split up and taken in small amounts through the day. Currently I am taking 1/8 of a pill at a time and this works best for me. I suspect that if I had taken three pills in a day I would have ended up in the hospital. We are all different as far as dosage needed.

I also get worse symptoms if I take a full pill, it is too much for me, maybe he is the same. Maybe his doctor will give him permission to try cutting the pills in halfs or fourths. When I was taking full pills I was at my best shortly before the next pill, but even then I was better off than without mestinon at all.

I hope this information is helpful.

DesertFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote