View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 05:33 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Foot pain and Fibromyalgia and Neuropathy

Fibromyalgia is not damage to the nerves, rather it is a disfunction of the nerves. the nerves do not get worse or deteriotate, though the pain level may get worse over time. No damage to the tissue occurs. When the pain signal moves from a point in the body, say your hand, it travels up, and is amplified by the time it hits your brain it is much more exagerated that it should be. For more information about FM contact the website of Dr. Jonathan Kuttner. This doctor is very knowledgeable and most everything on his site is free.

I have had fibromyalgia for over 40 years. My problems with my feet have progressed through the years getting better and worse at times. I also have developed neuropathy which makes it difficult to separate symptoms. What I have learned is that the most pain is from severe planar faciatis which causes the burning, stabbling pain and inability to walk with any comfort.

Getting to a very experienced Podiatrist who can help you with the symptoms is crucial. You can have cortizone shots in your feet, wear night splints, take anti-inflamatories, get good orthotics, do excersizes to strengthen your feet, and above all, wear good shoes that do not bend at the toe but have a "rocker" sole. When heel pain is the worst, wear shoes that support your ankle like hiking boots. The best I have found is "Dansko" shoes. For me, they work as well as orthotics. Your Pediatrist will give you a list of good shoes for your specific problem. Never walk barefoot until feet are completely healed.

I have also had alot of problems with certain medications making both the planar faciatis and the neuropathy much worse, to the point that I have had to use crutches. So be aware of medications you are taking and check the internet for lists of drugs that are especially troublesome to tendon pain.

Good luck. There is help out there but is often very hard to locate.

L. A.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nubiene View Post
Hi everyone
I am trying to seperate if I can the problems I have fybromyalga being one and monoclonal gamampathy igG with kappa lights and intemittent neutopaenia. Recently diagnosed to find out what is causing what gasp... I was told my fibromyalga was nerve damage for 27yrs without ant tests so I dont know if I still have nerve damage it was not dismissed.

Now my feet ache so much if I walk it aggrivates more if I dont walk it still hurst so much pain everyday in the soles of my feet just wanted to know if anyone has the same thing in either diagnoses. I have been looking for shoes that are made for these problems. i.e clarks which are not to flattering as I believe that wont stop the pain maybe just a bit mor cushiony or maybe when I get on the right medication it may help I dont know as Lyrica does nothing and the medications I have had for my mental ilnesses have so much side effects so there is going to be a review all i take now is diazepam for relax and sleep ive been on them for a week, which I will have to stop in the next couple of weeks due to adiction.
Linda Ann Starr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dmom3005 (01-22-2012), Doody (04-09-2012)