View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 10:51 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Strange symptoms please help

Just over a month ago, I noticed a purple patch about 1cm in diameter on my left ankle that looked like the vein running over my ankle had burst and was leaking blood. I thought it had to do with poor circulation (I spend a lot of time sitting in front of my computer) so I walked around for a bit and it lessened and went away.

For about a week after that I had a very tight feeling in my ankle, which extended into my calf. Not sure if it was the tendons or muscle or what. Since then my left lg has felt odd, and walking on it doesn't feel right, although there is no clinical weakness. The leaking vein thing has appened twice since then, in 1 or 2 different spots, but not as big as the first time.

I have been very anxious about the whole thing, and as such have had tingling/twicthing all over my body. At first I thought it was MS or something, so I had an MRI which was fine except for a possible Type 1 Chiari malformation, although I don't know if that would cause the problem with my ankle.

If anyone has heard of anything like this I would love to know. If this is in the wrong category please move it.
thebluerecluse is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote