View Single Post
Old 01-20-2012, 11:12 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Day after trial implant

So, I've had 12 million surgeries and this is the first time that I have had a bad reaction! I woke up today with a violent headache and severe nausea. What a bummer. The procedure itself was minimal, some pain but nothing to be bothered by. The Rep was there as I woke up, she set some programs just to get me started and I had to drag my butt out of bed to meet with the Doc's PA today and she set another one that seems to work much better. I'm not sure how she programmed it but it really helps to cover the pain that I have on the roof of my mouth and in my tooth, so that's an enormous relief.

We decided to stay up here another night since the weather decided to turn foul and we are getting snow and sleet!! So we will head down to Dayton tomorrow and spend a few days relaxing, then next week we'll come back up here to maybe get another "tweaking" to my program and the final unit goes in on Thursday.

I have little doubt about putting in the permanent unit, I have not had a serious jolt of pain since they turned it on, a few minor ones but nothing bad. if this is as good as it gets I'm happy....my husband noticed that I actually smiled, something I haven't done in such a long time....I guess that says it all.....

So as long as I can convince them to use something different to knock me out then I can't see any reason not to do it. If I'm stuck with the same stuff then I will have to be prepared for it. I think this is a very viable option for controlling TN pain. I have some photos that I will try and post if I can figure out how to do it!!! Will have to repost to do it, love to you all and thanks for all your support...will keep you posted as the process continues......
BethO2L is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Burntmarshmallow (01-21-2012)