View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:19 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zorrro13 View Post
"I take my pain meds when it happens but they take 40-60 mins to work"

When I first started taking Lyrica I was under the impression that it worked like a pain med ie, Take more if pain increases when in fact it wasnt that type of med. Nobody mentioned it had to be built up in the blood over time.

I used to swing from my initial dosage of 150mg to 450mg daily if the pain was chronic. I was in LALAland

what pain meds do you take?
I take oxycontin, oxycodone and flexeril (muscle relaxer)(which ALL put me in lalala land!) for the so called pain maintenance and breakthrough. They help to keep the pain down or bring it down. I use the oxycontin for maintenance and the others for the end of the day of flare-ups.
None of them are really helping as much as they used to, or I am going through something new; I am also breaking out with these itchy little sores all over my hair line, the back of my neck and the back/base of my head. This seems to happen every year around the anniversary of when I first got sick, normally February/March. So maybe I am having sort of virus fight and am having an autoimmune reaction? and the pain is just so bad the pain meds aren’t working anymore. Or I am worried I have become acclimatized to them, built up a resistance. I have not done a search into alternative pain meds as I have found it a bit overwhelming to look up med advise on line; I might just ask here about what others have found as better methods of breakthrough pain remedies?

Thanks aussiemom - that will be worth looking into!

Thanks for the input
p.s. Lyrica doesn't help me as I don't have any myelin sheath problems - just sfn.
adelina is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
aussiemom (01-21-2012), ginnie (01-26-2012)