View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 03:36 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Howdy .

I've had the procedure done for occipital neuralgia/headaches.

Yours sounds like it was done quite a bit different than how my doctor does procedures. I'm consciously sedated (Versed) and (most generally) don't remember a thing that happens once la-la land time happens.

In addition, the doc uses fluoroscope - every procedure; the "f" word is live-guided x-ray for precise needle placement.

Also, the pre- and post-op instructions are to rest the day of and days following a procedure. No driving and no work.

I don't know whether your neurologist might have mentioned it, yet... in everything I've been told and read about Rhizotomies there can be a temporary worsening of symptoms - which, for some, may persist for a couple of weeks (before the effects of the procedure kick-in).

I don't know about possible adverse interactions with medications you mentioned. If you feel up to it, though, you may want to ask your pharmacist. That's what I'd do .

About the "failure" rates: Again, I don't know. I used to have all kinds of info. at my fingertips. I'll see if I can find some of the stats later today.

Bobbi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote