View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 10:29 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

"placebo" affect isn't "magic", there is an underlying brain chemistry change and i would never be critical of anyone trying something that was affordable and didn't require extreme measures. i do examine with a critical eye new posters who are suggesting expensive and/or time consuming replacements to conventional meds. of course i feel better when i'm happy and/or exercise and worse when depressed, but that's true for any disease.

but when i see messages advocating the extreme pdrecovery method and read their yahoo board and how much suffering some people go thru with no benefit, when i get sales emails from theracycle about pd, when someone advocates expensive unproven treatments which promise far more than placebo benefit, i might respond. i may respond when someone posts opinion as fact.

so maybe i wasn't clear, i believe in placebo, i think it's really the wrong term, doctors write "placebo" rx's all the time cuz the patient wants a rx for their problem, psychotherapy, cranial manipulation, group therapy, i'm sure they help a lot of people, i just don't believe in accepting without comment extreme posts that i disagree with on a common sense basis.
soccertese is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote