View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 12:55 PM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member
Default RE: throat issues

Hi Sally. My thoat problems began,a tight feeling. Like I was being squeezed from the inside. Then there was a feeling that the thoat was "growing" or swelling. The hospital gave me a swallow test, as I also started after a year or so, having trouble swallowing food and had to do so with water. The hospital pointed to the screen and said "yep" you can swallow, see here, this shows that you can" He told me it was all in my head. Thiswent on for 5 years. I changed PCP, he investegated and I found I have a pre-cancer of the throat called Barretts esophagus. It was not in my head.
It came about due to acid reflux which I knew I had and was being treated for. This was not enough to stop the lining from my stomach and esophagus from eroding. I go in next week, for my second biopsy, endoscopy, and to have my thoat stretched. I cannot even swallow my pills well at this time. I am scared to death. I also discovered I have 8 thyroid nodes, and will have to find out from another test afterwards, if these nodes are impinging on my swallowing at this point too. I wish the same doctor could address both issues. No I need an endroconoligist for the thyroid nodes. so far my test for hyper, or hypo thyroid is negative. So far negative on biopsy for them too. the whole mess is quite unconfortable, and I sure do need you, and this site while I go through this issue next week. I hate anyone having to go through swallowing issues. Eating no longer is a pleasant thing to do, as food has a tendancy to just sit at the back of my throat. So Onward I go to get this done next week. I will be back here for sure, I need the comfort of my friends here. ginnie
ginnie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
SallyC (01-21-2012)