Thread: The tightrope
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 02:36 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
It just occurred to me -- it must sometimes seem like I (perhaps we?) give conflicting "signals" to newbies.

Sometimes, I tell newbies that MG isn't ALL that bad.

Sometimes, I tell newbies that MG is MUCH more serious than they realize.

So.........MG is a "tightrope".......a fine line between being nonchalant and being anxiety-ridden over our condition.

When I say that MG isn't all that bad, I am trying, in part, to get a "newbie" to calm down. Anxiety does us NO FAVORS! But, as I have ALSO said in other threads, I had rather have MG than cancer, ALS, Alzheimers, and quite a few other conditions. So, in my opinion, compared to some other things, "not so bad".

When I say that MG is serious, I am trying, usually, to get a "newbie" to realize that MG CAN knock you clear off of your feet. Thanks to "modern medicine", the mortality rate has gone down, but intubation is still a distinct possibility.

It is hard -- we can't be too indifferent -- or too uptight. Like Goldilocks and the Three Bears -- we have to find the bed and the porridge that is JUST RIGHT!

I don't know -- is this making any sense?
Jana, I look at it as if were all snowflakes....no two are alike...MG is different for us all. Although it is the same disease....What works for me may not work for you or others. This is a good way to explain it I think.....Were Snowflakes
MKPULL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote