Thread: ALs bulbar
View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:39 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samson77 View Post
Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my post. I am fearful of bulbar onset als. I have been having symptoms of a weak swallow. It feels like all of the food doesnt go down my throat. It feels like it sticks in the back of my throat. I cant seem to get rid of this feeling. I have health anxiety and this feeling has come and gone over the past few years. I have a phlemy feeling at the back of my throat as well. I dont know if some of the food is being caught in that phlem. I do not have any speech issues or swallowing liquids it just seems to be solids that are bothering me. I could be just hypersensitive to my body as this comes ith my anxiety.
May I direct you to http://www.alsforums.com/forum/index.php. I have NMD but am not an expert in Bulbar. Most of the posts say that thin liquids are the hardest to swollow and almost always the presenting symptom is slurred speech. The latter is from my neuromuscular doc. Do not make yourself crazy, there are many things that can cause your symptoms.
JB63 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote