View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 04:58 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Mark, he takes 25ng Amitriptyline and i strongly encourage him to go to sleep when it makes him tired.

He did have thorough Xrays of neck and back. Radiologist looked and I had my Chiropractor look as well. Neither were concerned. He does still have neck and back pain/stiffness.

I haven't watched him sleep, but I certainly will and observe. He wakes up with red bloodshot eyes and a complete stoned look on his face.

He played tight end and/or wide receiver for the last 4 seasons (both indoor and outdoor football). He plays no other sports. He's 6'2" and only weighs 135 pounds.

We live in Spokane, WA but willing to travel if needed.

I called the recommended neuropsychologist (one of my son's friends saw her) but she can't see him til September!!

He does not consume any caffeine. He eats a very well rounded diet with few exceptions.. I give him a multi vitamin, 3000mg flaxseed oil, vit E daily.

As for ADD meds, the dr mentioned maybe trying that in the future.

Nathan was a very happy, active, 4.0 student, with friends galore until this. His personality is different, he can't take in school lessons, can't access his math memory, and just recently started effecting his mood. Just the last week or so, he realized he's different and now depressed. Teenagers are even harder to explain this to. They think if he's at school, he's 100%. He says it's exhausting to keep up the act of trying to do what his teachers and friends expect.
worried_mom is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote