Old 03-30-2007, 07:47 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chemar View Post
Hi Pamster

my son has shown noticeable seasonal allergies for the first time this year with our drought here in Central Florida and lots of pollen everywhere

His doc has prescribed Flonase and zyrtec, but the insurance wont cover the z so Doc said to get Claritin.
However
my son is very reluctant to use them and is trying acupuncture and Bach's Flower remedy which seem to be helping some

My son has Tourette Syndrome and Crohn's Disease

I have dustmite allergy and some other sensitivities but so far my saline spray seems to work ok for me, along with Bach's Remedy
I understand totally about the drought, the rain helps clean the air and lower the pollen count, I definitely notice a difference when we don't have regular rain spells. I haven't tried claritin before but I can say that zrytec worked really well for both of us. I haven't heard of saline sprays before, did you just get like contact solution saline or regular saline and put it in a nasal spryer or did you buy it that way? Also is Bach's Remedy a natural approach you get at health food stores? Haven't heard of it before is why I ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbi View Post
Zyrtec is what I take; my doctor had Rx'd Claritin in the past (a number of years ago) but it wasn't nearly as effective - for me -as the Zyrtec.

I hadn't heard of Singular, yet I will ask my doctor about it. If it won't conflict with my heart probs. or medication, I wouldn't mind trying it - to find out if it might work even better than the Zyrtec.
I haven't tried Singular myself or I would be able to tell you if it worked better for me then zyrtec, I know that it is helping my son though, he finally is breathing better and doesn't sound congested all the time and isn't having nasal discharge like he was getting a few weeks ago.
Pamster is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote