View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 05:46 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brmr19 View Post
Your symptoms sound so familiar and I had trouble as well getting doctor to believe the symptoms were all related. The dizziness was really bad before my surgery and I always felt like I was going to pass out. Since the surgery, I still have dizziness, but I no longer feel like passing out. During compression of subclavian artery, my vertebral artery would stop flowing completely. I am still having issues with both side, and don't know which side is worse. I did not have cervical ribs, but did have 1st rib removed on left. I wish you the best of luck.
Thanks for your reply. Did you elect to have surgery or were you advised to have surgery. I believe from my doppler results that I do have arteial TOS and am very anxious that over time with repeated compression that I could end up with blod clot and be in serious trouble.
For instance immediately after the doppler ultrasound I felt so ill, I felt dizzy, spaced out and my eye sight was not clear. I had to lie down for the rest of the day.
Also at dentist 2 days ago and had to have fillling on left side and my head was slightly tilted to left for approximately 20 minutes and afterwards I felt really dizzy and both my arms wouldn't stop shaking and i felt totally spaced out of it. Really freaking me out now as up until the recent (1 month) when i found out about the cervical ribs and TOS I used to keep pushing myself physically ( 5 kids) despite the excrutiating weakness/pain in my arms. Now I am afraid to do anything as I feel that I could do seriuos damage as arteries are being compressed.

What test did you have done to show up the problems with your vertebral artery?

Thanks so much for your support
mcduane_ie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote