View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 06:59 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Hello,

it's about one o'clock and i'm very tired.. but... this site is fantastic...!
the stuff discussed here, is the key to finally solve the puzzle of PD...
go ahead, don't stop, don't listen to what your physicians may tell you...search, search, search and watch the pieces fall down one by one...

My personal state: i'm 47, diagnosed with PD at the age of 40, my mother (71) diagnosed at the age of 55 has exactely the same symptoms, left side of the body, bradikinesiy, rigidity...

at the moment, L-Dopa, even Stalevo, doesn't really work fine.. 100/25/200 every 2 hours, the hole day... in about 2 weeks from now they'll try once again a new thing on me.... well i'll become Mr. Data... DBS.. 8-)

Regards
Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by VICTORIALOU View Post
Thanks Laura

One thing I found particularly interesting in that study was about oxygen consumption

"The research team, which included undergraduate and postgraduate students, found that oxygen consumption and the production of ATP (the chief supply of energy inside cells) were drastically reduced. In response, lactate was increased."

also.... from medical dictionary

"Severe curtailment of oxygen, as during ascent to high altitudes or in certain illnesses, may bring on a variety of symptoms of hypoxia, or oxygen lack. A number of poisons, such as cyanide and carbon monoxide,, as well as large overdoses of sedatives, disrupt the oxygen distribution system of the body. Such disruption occurs also in various illnesses, such as anemia and diseases of lungs, heart, kidneys, and liver."

If Lactate is increased that produces an acidic state doesn't it?
Is Dr. Wahl's diet an alkaline based diet?
montesierra is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote