View Single Post
Old 01-21-2012, 08:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Very interesting discussion, and one that raises lots of questions, especially the oxygen thing. Obviously anything we say is all hypothetical, but what isn't with PD. Think someone mentioned in another post the circulatory thing, if we are not moving enough then it slows down...... thinking of more sedentary lifestyles (mine certainly when in work and since) and how exercise improves things. It is not just about getting our stiff arms and legs and torsos more supple, as my physio exercise people seem to believe, the beneficial bit is about moving the blood around, they understand that with cardio things...

I am not so sure about different types of diet, but one that includes all the good stuff must help, even when neuros say it doesn't. Anything that reduces blood flow in the brain could be implicated.........like B12 etc....or venous or arterial compression.... they are only just starting to really look at this stuff, it depends on their perspective on PD, and how wedded they are to it being a dopa issue. I have always favoured a cascade of events as causative, because that is how it felt, losing one bit and then another of the person I used to be.

No scientific I know
lindylanka is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote