View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:09 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Sorry but I also see this is an old thread, it has provoked a question from me though! Does magnesium ever cause MORE pain, maybe just initially? The epsom salt soaks are something I've been wondering about because when all this pain in my feet started, I had an ingrown toenail and was soaking in epsom salts twice a day. My feet - especially my toenails - got worse, and worse, and I was told it was my raynaud's. But one of the raynaud's meds did not help, so I was told it was neuropathy. It went from pain and redness to burning, tenderness, like bruising. Then it started going cold and numb. I soaked with the epsom salts while having a podiatrist trim the nail, they also started telling me multiple nails were ingrown, and started trimming all of them. Those nails got red around them, and the trimming would help but only for a few days. I don't know if I should have continued the raynaud's/blood pressure med. I know that the temp of the tile in my house is making everything worse. And I DO have an autoimmune disease. Mixed Connective Tissue Disease - which includes symptoms of scleroderma and lupus, and I'm always dry, and sometimes wonder if I have sjogren's.

Everytime I have started a magnesium pill, which has very high amounts of B6 in it, I feel worse. Or at least, I start to think the pill is causing more symptoms, so I always stop it. I also have fibro, so have been told (but not by my rheum) that all of us fibro patients need magnesium. The nutritionist I have talked to has always told me to take this magnesium/b6 supplement.

Can the salts make my feet get worse? Or burn - or even start changing them in some way? Maybe I just need to CONTINUE them to get the benefits? I am also scared the B6 in the magnesium supplement was causing a problem. I tested high in B12 once, back before all this occurred.
Geraldine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote