View Single Post
Old 01-22-2012, 01:34 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty View Post

I took myself off the road voluntarily ( even though it was sort of voluntary on my behalf, it was MS plus other medical conditions that did it for me, rather than allow me to wait and decide for myself at an age when most make that decision ) but could probably still drive in an emergency. But only within a few miles of my house.

My vision has been compromised so much from MS that I just don't feel safe or comfortable driving. Plus, my left leg gives me so much trouble. I know it wouldn't be the leg I used to operate the pedals but I still feel much less capable than I was before...........
I could have written this myself Kitty. I'm sure I could drive in an emergency but I lack the confidence now after being off the road for 4 years, to try. My eyes aren't what they used to be and it's my left leg as well that lets me down (even though my car doesn't have a left pedal either). I think if my confidence wasn't so low I'd have a try close to home, but once you stop driving, it's hard to get behind the wheel again.

Koala77 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ANNagain (01-22-2012), Kitty (01-22-2012), SallyC (01-22-2012)