Thread: Recall Support
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2007, 09:38 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Bobbi, I have heard that Eukanuba IS on the list too (for wet food). You can check out the list at
and go down to Dog Products. You should call them up and also Eukanuba and leave your name and number and they should call you back with instructions on how to get your vet bills reimbursed. About 10 years ago we had another beagle named Howie who died of pancreatitis. We got him after we had Lucy for about 5 years and I think they got along better together much more than Lucy and Charley (she hates Charley). Unfortunately, we spent thousands of dollars on Howie and it took a LONG time to pay off and he passed away soon after. We never found out the cause of the pancreatisis but the doctor suggested table food, which we don't give that often or the possibility of him eating from trashcans.

These vets problems are so terrible. I am going back to the vet this afternoon, our vet won't be there today so I will get the female vets opinion today. If anything, we will have to wait until tomorrow anyways since I prefer to do the procedure with our regular vet and he won't be in at all today.

When I get home later, I will be able to post those recipes- they are on my refrigerator now but I havent tried any yet.

If Lucy is ok (cross my fingers) she will need to be on an IV drip for a VERY long time (possibly at home) and I will have to give her weekly or daily injections, which they will teach me how to do. She will also be only allowed special food designed for kidney problem dogs. It will be a very long battle, but I am willing to do it for her.
hsiw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote